[FFmpeg-devel] documentation merge?

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 23:04:06 CET 2012

I noticed today that searching through this documentation:
$ ffmpeg --help full

for the word "dshow" (to figure out the option for -f dshow)
reveals...nothing.  The word is not in the documentation.
It does mention DirectShow, but that's hard to remember compared to
the actual device name.

My own personal preference to answer this conundrum would be to
propose to list all the "dshow options" (ex:
https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/master/libavdevice/dshow.c#L1019
) alongside the normal documentation, or in addition to it.  Or is
dshow just lacking in documentation and I'm missing something here?
Thanks much.
-roger-