[FFmpeg-devel] looping input and pts rollover

Robert Nagy ronag89 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 15:33:10 CEST 2012

We had a short discussion on IRC regarding looping input.

The problem today is that lavfi does not guarantee proper handling of
rollover pts (which happens with e.g. looping input), which means that
either the filter graph needs to be flushed and reinit at the same
time as avcodec_flush_buffers.

>From the discussion I think the general consensus was that graph
reinit would be to complicated, thus I believe we need to review the
filters.

As far as I know vf_yadif and vf_fps needs to be updated for this. Not
sure about other filters, e.g. aresample?