[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg g723

Zalewa PL zalewapl at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 22:30:02 CET 2012

Robert Watson wrote:
> I was wondering if you could help with using ffmpeg to process the audio
> input from a capture card.  The card has v4l2 and alsa drivers. The card
> outputs G.723-24 (3-bit samples at 8khz).  Was the g723 code you wrote
> committed into the ffmpeg core?  What command line should I use to capture
> the audio from the card?
> Thanks, Robert
Hi,

You can use 'decode-g72x' tool to convert data in G.723-24 format to raw
PCM that can be forwarded to ffmpeg. The source code of the tool is
available here:
//http://www.ps-auxw.de/g72x++.tar.bz2
The compilation is straight forward. Once you get the executable file
you can run it like this:
`arecord -Dhw:1,0 -traw | decode-g72x -l -3 | ffmpeg -acodec pcm_s16le
-f s16le -ar <rate> -ac <channels> -i - /tmp/output.wav`
I'm not sure if all parameters that I have specified here are correct
but I'm sure you can figure it out. Write if you have any further problems.