[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Submit a Logo Wiki Page

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Mon Jun 25 21:28:18 CEST 2012

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:16:00 +0200
Stefano Sabatini <stefasab at gmail.com> wrote:

> On date Saturday 2012-06-23 23:43:45 +0200, Alexander Strasser encoded:
> > Hi Stefano!
> [...]
> >   Not sure what you are aiming it. Of course tickets should be closed
> > when the contest is over. Or if the purpose of the ticket is to create
> > a specific artwork, the ticket should be closed when that work is
> > considered finished.
> >
> >   For accumulating everything in one ticket. Not sure if it should
> > is always for the better. If we do it like this year, it could have
> > benefits. The news entry could be created when the contest is started,
> > and a link to that ticket collecting the submissions could be provided
> > there to make it easy for artist to simply upload their work there.
>
> Yes my main concern is having tickets with generic names
> (e.g. "summertime logo") which give no indication about when the
> ticket can be considered "closed", and I tend to be pretty "puristic"
> (pedantic?) when terminology is abused and leads to confusion.

I'd close the currently open art tickets (and update the titles to
something less generic), but I hesitate to do so without an additional
"close as" option that's more appropriate for completed art other than
fixed, worksforme, invalid, won't fix, duplicate, need more info.

> Anyway I'm fine with whatever the logo/contest "maintainer" will
> choose, provided that it is clear when a ticket should be considered
> closed, thus avoiding to pollute the already large space of open
> tickets.
>
> Also I wanted to stress the advantage of having a single ticket per
> contest (trackability, single point of information, easier artifact
> upload, etc.).

Sounds reasonable to me for seasonal/re-occurring/contest type stuff.
I'd expect standalone tickets for special events. I imagined it would
be easiest for artists to simply make a ticket for each art submission,
but I suppose they can be herded into a single ticket. It just means
that the art maintainer (curator?) or someone has to actually make the
tickets and funnel interest into them, but I guess that's expected.

It doesn't really matter to me how we deal with submissions. I just
want it to be a relatively simple and easy process for the artist.