[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Submit a Logo Wiki Page

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 14:16:00 CEST 2012

On date Saturday 2012-06-23 23:43:45 +0200, Alexander Strasser encoded:
> Hi Stefano!
[...]
>   Not sure what you are aiming it. Of course tickets should be closed
> when the contest is over. Or if the purpose of the ticket is to create
> a specific artwork, the ticket should be closed when that work is
> considered finished.
>
>   For accumulating everything in one ticket. Not sure if it should
> is always for the better. If we do it like this year, it could have
> benefits. The news entry could be created when the contest is started,
> and a link to that ticket collecting the submissions could be provided
> there to make it easy for artist to simply upload their work there.

Yes my main concern is having tickets with generic names
(e.g. "summertime logo") which give no indication about when the
ticket can be considered "closed", and I tend to be pretty "puristic"
(pedantic?) when terminology is abused and leads to confusion.

Anyway I'm fine with whatever the logo/contest "maintainer" will
choose, provided that it is clear when a ticket should be considered
closed, thus avoiding to pollute the already large space of open
tickets.

Also I wanted to stress the advantage of having a single ticket per
contest (trackability, single point of information, easier artifact
upload, etc.).

--
FFmpeg = Frightening and Faithless Mysterious Pacific Elitarian Goblin