[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg artwork: Visualizing what ffmpeg can do for you

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sat Feb 18 12:09:44 CET 2012

Hi Lou,

Lou Logan wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 22:19:49 +0100, Alexander Strasser wrote:
>
> >   Just bumping under different subject, in case any people were
> > frightened by the German city name in the subject ;)
> >
> > Alexander Strasser wrote:
> > > Alexander Strasser wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > >   I started working on a poster. I uploaded a preliminary sketch with
> > > what I had in mind at ticket 994:
> > >   https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/994
> > >
> > >   If any illustrator/graphics artist is listening and would be so kind
> > > to help out I would be very glad. Else I will try to realize something
> > > in the spirit of that sketch myself and do the best I can with my rather
> > > amateurish skills.
> > >
> > >   Also I am grateful for any comments/suggestions I receive, though please
> > > keep in mind I will probably not be able to integrate every idea because
> > > of lack of skills and time.
> >
> > Sorry for the noise,
> >   Alexander
>
> Having a poster is mandatory for the event. This poster must be DIN A0
> sized. According to the link below, CLT can provide support for layout
> and printing. Did you sign up for this service? If yes, what format do
> they prefer?

  Yes I signed up for that service.

  They listed following formats
  vector: SVG, PDF, EPS
  bitmap: PNG, JPEG

  I have posted information about the recommended size on #994.

> I've made a few large format vector posters before and can make a
> cleaned up version suitable for printing once the design is decided
> upon.

  Great news!

  We should start right away. There was enough time for collecting
comments now it is time for action. If you weren't proposing to help
out I would have started to realize the final image today anyway. As
the deadline is nearing it would be good to finish it a little earlier
than just in time.

  Please note I am talking about the poster for CLT here. If we want
to reuse it for documentation, we have plenty of time for another
round of fine tuning.

> What type of people go to this event? Are the attendees already
> familiar with FFmpeg? Are you trying to target users, (potential)
> developers, or both with the current poster design?

  IMHO users should be targeted primarily. But I have a good feeling
leaving the small developer specific part in.

[...]

  Alexander