[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg artwork: Visualizing what ffmpeg can do for you

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Fri Feb 17 05:03:04 CET 2012

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 22:19:49 +0100, Alexander Strasser wrote:

>   Just bumping under different subject, in case any people were
> frightened by the German city name in the subject ;)
>
> Alexander Strasser wrote:
> > Alexander Strasser wrote:
> [...]
> > >   - We need a nice poster introducing FFmpeg(-usecases)
> >
> >   I started working on a poster. I uploaded a preliminary sketch with
> > what I had in mind at ticket 994:
> >   https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/994
> >
> >   If any illustrator/graphics artist is listening and would be so kind
> > to help out I would be very glad. Else I will try to realize something
> > in the spirit of that sketch myself and do the best I can with my rather
> > amateurish skills.
> >
> >   Also I am grateful for any comments/suggestions I receive, though please
> > keep in mind I will probably not be able to integrate every idea because
> > of lack of skills and time.
>
> Sorry for the noise,
>   Alexander

Having a poster is mandatory for the event. This poster must be DIN A0
sized. According to the link below, CLT can provide support for layout
and printing. Did you sign up for this service? If yes, what format do
they prefer?

I've made a few large format vector posters before and can make a
cleaned up version suitable for printing once the design is decided
upon.

What type of people go to this event? Are the attendees already
familiar with FFmpeg? Are you trying to target users, (potential)
developers, or both with the current poster design?

CLT2012 · Notes for exhibitors
http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2012/live/hinweise

Lou