[FFmpeg-devel] ByteIOContext probe + img2 patch

Justin Foutts jmfoutts at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 08:12:33 CEST 2011

I found that if you create a test to read a .png via a custom AVIOContext wrapper around normal read, write, seek, it will fail.  This patch will make this test succeed on OSX or Linux.
The utils.c changes init_input() to use filename information with av_probe_input_format() first, then fall back to av_probe_input_buffer(), because av_probe_input_buffer() alone will fail to identify .png from its filedata. (An alternative is to swap the fallback order)
The img2.c changes are because the !s->is_pipe logic will always make filesystem calls. I tried changing the NOFILE logic and my .png's appeared!  However only .png's under 4096 bytes.  In img2.c I tried changing the 4096 constant to the avio_size() of the recently assigned f[0].  This happened to result in the rest of the images loading.
I must admit I don't know what I'm doing!  Some lucky guesses happened to work. I hope that someone who better understands this code will use this patch to increase the testing and support for custom AVIOContext's and img2's relation to same.  Thanks!