[FFmpeg-devel] ByteIOContext probe + img2 patch

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Sep 5 05:44:23 CEST 2011

On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 08:09:21PM -0700, Justin Foutts wrote:
> Update: Sorry!  The previous patch was wrong.  I have attached a new patch.
> I ended up downgrading to a ffmpeg version that still uses av_open_input_stream and av_open_input_file, while applying an equivalent patch to img2.c.  I use av_open_input_file on windows,linux,osx,iphone and av_open_input_stream with a custom ByteIOContext on android.  I'm not sure why I can't get a custom ByteIOContext to work on all platforms.

Can you explain what your patch fixes and how it does it?
some of the changes in there look odd like trying to get the file
size of a pipe

thanks

Old school: Use the lowest level language in which you can solve the problem
            conveniently.
New school: Use the highest level language in which the latest supercomputer
            can solve the problem without the user falling asleep waiting.