[FFmpeg-devel] Work around for WMV2 crash

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Sun Oct 30 03:53:38 CET 2011

This is about ticket https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/588 and crash on WMV2 file.

It's also an XP 32 issue. I tried getting around this by attempting to turn off SSE using av_force_cpu_flags for this codec type but wasn't sucessful.

Maybe it's AVCodecContext dsp_mask I need to flag ?

/**
 * dsp_mask could be add used to disable unwanted CPU features
 * CPU features (i.e. MMX, SSE. ...)
 *
 * With the FORCE flag you may instead enable given CPU features.
 * (Dangerous: Usable in case of misdetection, improper usage however will
 * result into program crash.)
 */
unsigned dsp_mask;

I have temporarilly disabled support for WMV2 but issue may go beyond that.

Any info on fix or work around ?

Thanks