[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Development model

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Mar 17 15:46:12 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 03:24:20PM +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Thursday 2011-03-17 15:15:50 +0100, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> > Hi
> >
> > A quick question
> >
> > What do people prefer
> > A. Reviewer applies patch if he is sure its ok
> > B. Reviewer ok-es patch and author applies later
>
> Whatever is more convenient for both the reviewer and/or the author

true, maybe authors should state in their patch submission what they would
prefer ?
and i prefer to do the apply+push for them if they feel uncertain about git usage

> (and I forgot how to apply patches ;-).

git am -s the mail or attachment
make fate
git push --dry-run
look at output, make sure you dont push funny branches or other funny things
git log (-p)123456..123456 (from git dry-run)
look at output, make sure this is what you want to push
git push

If you really think that XML is the answer, then you definitly missunderstood
the question -- Attila Kinali