[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] ffmpeg-mt merged

Philip Langdale philipl at overt.org
Tue Mar 22 22:46:48 CET 2011

 On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 22:28:44 +0100, Michael Niedermayer
 <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 10:12:31PM +0100, Francesco Cosoleto wrote:
>> 2011/3/22 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
>> > But as I said previously ffmpeg is a democratic project, ffmpeg
>> > developers who plan to contribute to ffmpeg in the future and thus
>> > are affected by how the main tree looks can vote
>>
>> I vote for undo if this is feasible, thanks.
>
> Good these are enough votes
>
> We will undo
>
> please noone do pushes into it, that surely can only make it worse
>
> and if someone wants to help (and knows git well), iam on  IRC
>
> Ill reset --hard to prior of the merge and then push the same diffs
> without merge metadata. Thus not pulling the history in and git not
> knowing about it
>
> Better ideas welcome but be quick

 If there's a clean cut-off point where we have garbage on one side and
 useful history on the other, then you could just squash the garbage and
 keep the rest, but I assume it's interleaved between garbage and
 ffmpeg-mt
 specific changes? Then I don't see a practical way to keep just the
 good
 stuff.

 --phil