[FFmpeg-devel] Copyright claims about material on ffmpeg.org

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Mon Mar 14 13:44:42 CET 2011

On 03/14/2011 01:33 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Mar 13 19:37:19 <BBB>   michaelni: sorry, you don't own the zigzag logo, mru does.
> but I can ask aaron to help you with this monday if you so please
>

> It really sadens me to see FOSS people resort to SCO methods.

I'm also asking advice to the eu lawyer that was/is helping me found the
eu branch of the foundation.

> What are the other developers oppinion about this?

The logo had been created by mru.

> should i just ignore that or should we give in to these ridiculous
> claims and drop the zigzag / create a entirely new logo?

Create a new logo, it has mostly used by the people you are forcing to
move away anyway.

lu

--

Luca Barbato