[FFmpeg-devel] [ANOUNCEMENT] ffmpeg.org

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Mar 14 08:08:15 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 07:47:33AM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On 13 Mar 2011, at 22:51, Jason Garrett-Glaser <jason at x264.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> As I'm not interested in working on a project run by a dictator who
> >> lies, I hereby quit the project.  Please revoke my commit access; I
> >> will be working on other projects instead.
>
> First, I find it funny how the project where anyone has at least the
> technical possibility to commit whatever they want is the dictatorship

Maybe he places less emphasis than you on committership (which already
was and is being extended) and more on a single person controlling the
whole project.

> Secondly why should anyone heed your request to revoke commit access?
> After all you refused to remove me from MAINTAINERS for a project I do
> not want to take responsibility for.

See the clarification of maintainership status.

> Not to mention that the complaints and concerns are only taken care of
> now, after things being forced, why would anyone want to work under a
> leadership where you will be ignored unless you always have a credible
> threat of a successful fork at hand?!?

This document has (obviously) been longer than 24h in the making and
been circulated to a lot of people for feedback.  It took too long,
yes, but it's simply not true that concerns are not being addressed.

Diego