[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-commits] lavf: replace all uses of url_fskip with avio_seek

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed Mar 2 21:23:06 CET 2011

Stefano Sabatini <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> writes:

> On date Wednesday 2011-03-02 11:49:09 -0800, Baptiste Coudurier encoded:
>> More than one developper is not happy with these changes, and I don't
>> think it was a good change.
>> Furthermore, it seems API changes are made way too faster before anybody
>> can raise concerns.
>
> +1
>
> In general I would like to support this rule: all changes which affect
> all the developers (policy, administration, API changes) need a
> minimum amount of time before they can be applied since the first post
> on the list (be this three days or one week), for giving all the
> interested developers time to comment on them.
>
> This should be especially true for API changes, which can easily lead
> to much damage to the project if not well thought and discussed with
> the original authors of the API (when available). "Getting the f*cking
> things done" is not a valid reason for spoiling the public API.
>
> This was true with the old "regime" and should still apply, this is
> one of the areas where the one-post-one-review-one-commit rule is
> completely nonsensical and unfair.

All of the recent API changes have been posted to the mailing list at
least a week before they were committed.  If you don't like something,
say so immediately instead of whining after it has been committed.  If
you have a specific suggestion for improving something, by all means
send a patch.  Moaning will get you nowhere.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com