[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-commits] lavf: replace all uses of url_fskip with avio_seek

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Wed Mar 2 21:07:17 CET 2011

On date Wednesday 2011-03-02 11:49:09 -0800, Baptiste Coudurier encoded:
> On 3/2/11 10:51 AM, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
[...]
> More than one developper is not happy with these changes, and I don't
> think it was a good change.
> Furthermore, it seems API changes are made way too faster before anybody
> can raise concerns.

+1

In general I would like to support this rule: all changes which affect
all the developers (policy, administration, API changes) need a
minimum amount of time before they can be applied since the first post
on the list (be this three days or one week), for giving all the
interested developers time to comment on them.

This should be especially true for API changes, which can easily lead
to much damage to the project if not well thought and discussed with
the original authors of the API (when available). "Getting the f*cking
things done" is not a valid reason for spoiling the public API.

This was true with the old "regime" and should still apply, this is
one of the areas where the one-post-one-review-one-commit rule is
completely nonsensical and unfair.
--
FFmpeg = Funny Fostering MultiPurpose Erratic Gigant