[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] MinGW+FFmpeg survival guide

JonY jon_y at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 25 10:30:22 CEST 2011

On 6/25/2011 16:01, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> Pending problems:
>
> * fix the libsdl -mwindows flag issue
>   Still no reply from SDL, we may consider to apply the MPlayer
>   solution (filter-out -mwindows or whatever).

Without actually delving into the SDL and Mplayer code, I think its
quite a messy issue. -mwindows expects the entry point at WinMain, while
-mconsole (or without -mwindows) expects it as main(), so its not a good
idea to filter out these. sdl-config and libSDL_main is supposed to
abstract these.

> * I tried to test vfwcap in Windows7 with no luck. I got a windows
>   popping up for selecting the device from a drop-down list, but then
>   ffplay/ffmpeg exits or hangs depending on the selected device. Any
>   hints to share? Anyway I'll try with dshow, which is the supposed
>   replacement.

With both mingw and mingw-w64?

> * I'm getting some problem with specifying --extra-cflags and
>   --extra-ldflags containing whitespaces.
>
>   What's the standard technique for specifying filenames with
>   whitespaces in --extra-cflags/--extra-ldflags?
>   Or I could simply rename the paths (e.g. C:\Microsoft
>   SDKS\Windows\v7.1. => C:\MicrosoftSDKs\...), or create corresponding
>   symlinks in the mingw path.

Escape with '\' or use single quotes. Or use mingw-w64, you shouldn't
need to use MS SDK.