[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] MinGW+FFmpeg survival guide

Axel Holzinger aholzinger at gmx.de
Sat Jun 25 10:34:47 CEST 2011

OnSaturday, June 25, 2011 10:01 AM Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> * I'm getting some problem with specifying --extra-cflags and
>   --extra-ldflags containing whitespaces.
>
>   What's the standard technique for specifying filenames with
>   whitespaces in --extra-cflags/--extra-ldflags?
>   Or I could simply rename the paths (e.g. C:\Microsoft
>   SDKS\Windows\v7.1. => C:\MicrosoftSDKs\...), or create
corresponding
>   symlinks in the mingw path.

Do quotation marks ("") work?

Under W7 symlinks/junctions will work. Also 8.3 (i.e. C:\Micros~1\...)
should work. It's a pita with the spaces in filenames. Even a few MS
tools can't cope with it. Therefore I try to change the default paths
on installation, but not all installers allow you to specify all parts
of the path unfortunately.

Axel