[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] MinGW+FFmpeg survival guide

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Jun 24 12:12:15 CEST 2011

On 24 Jun 2011, at 11:53, Stefano Sabatini <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> wrote:

>>> Well so are you confirming that I'm not the only one facing the issue?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>>> (and why nobody complained before?)
>>
>> Perhaps users believe (as I did) that this is a feature?
>
> Not printing errors and other messages on console can be hardly
> considered a feature...
>
> Anyway I filed a bug against SDL and added a notice on the file.

Uh, have you tried launching ffplay from some other binary? E.g. via a shortcut with command-line options?
Because without -mwindows I think it will always open a command-line.
I don't think most users would appreciate when e.g. their game does always open a terminal window.
I do not remember if and what the proper way to avoid this is, MPlayer seems to just filter out the -mwindows, as well as any -lmingw32 if it exists...