[FFmpeg-devel] PATCH: mpegtsenc.c

Tomas Härdin tomas.hardin
Thu Jan 20 12:09:53 CET 2011

M?ns Rullg?rd skrev 2011-01-19 22:29:
> Tomas H?rdin<tomas.hardin at codemill.se>  writes:
>
>> Georgi Chorbadzhiyski skrev 2011-01-19 08:20:
>>> Around 01/19/11 04:02, M?ns Rullg?rd scribbled:

>>> Two old patches of mine that allow
>>>
>>> ffmpeg -metadata provider_name="Some provider name" -metadata service_name="Some TV channel"
>>>
>>> to work for mpeg ts files/streams.
>>
>> Seems like a decent solution, however: shouldn't AVOption be used for
>> this?
>
> This feels very much like metadata to me.

Hm. I think you're right.
The metadata key for the muxer and demuxer is different for the service
name though - the demuxer calls it "name" while this patch would use
"service_name" for the muxer. Perhaps the former should be fixed up
after this patch is applied?

>> This would allow listing such things in the ffmpeg CLI.
>
> Please elaborate.

AVOptions for codecs and formats are shown in --help while metadata keys
aren't (AFAICT).

>> It would also be good for other things, like settings the start PID
>> and the PMT start PID. I have no strong feelings about it though.
>
> Setting PID values is a topic for another patch and doesn't have to
> use the same mechanism as these strings.

Fair enough.

/Tomas