[FFmpeg-devel] About guess_correct_pts / AVFrame.best_effort_timestamp

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu Feb 17 18:47:54 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 04:32:49PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Nicolas George <nicolas.george at normalesup.org> writes:
>
> > L'octidi 28 pluvi?se, an CCXIX, M?ns Rullg?rd a ?crit?:
> >> AVI doesn't have timestamps, so the first decoded frame has PTS 0, and
> >> the following ones increment it by 1/framerate.  Simple.
> >
> > Are you saying that Mr X should put a special case in his code for AVI?
>
> No, he should put a special case for no PTS on an input frame:
>
> pts = frame.pkt_pts != AV_NOPTS_VALUE? frame.pkt_pts : prev_pts + 1/framerate;
> prev_pts = pts;
>
> This code will always work.

No, it is still wrong for AVI. Which I said over and over, but you continue
to spout the same shit over and over and over and people still listen to you!
WTF is this shit going on here?