[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] About committership

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev
Sat Feb 5 09:41:07 CET 2011

On 2/5/11, Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 02/04/2011 04:49 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
>> Le quartidi 14 pluvi?se, an CCXIX, Luca Barbato a ?crit :
>>> By calling it coup you are making a specific statement.
>>
>> <troll> What is the difference between a coup d'?tat and a revolution?
>> </troll>
>
> I tend to declare it as switch or change of management.

You did more than that.

> Emotive terms just clash with people feelings unnecessarily.

quote:
...historian Edward Luttwak says, "A coup consists of the infiltration
of a small, but critical, segment of the state apparatus, which is
then used to displace the government from its control of the
remainder"

Like it or not, this is exactly what happened.

The new "management" could have made official fork, with new name, on
new website, with new maillists. Then do everything you have been
forbidden in the old project and prove your view is correct in
practice.

Instead you took over all existing infrastructure and barraged all
developers who do not submit to you. (Ronald doesn't leave any room
for interpretation, that selection is done not on technical basis, but
on political.)

You cannot kick people out of the building and then ask them to help
you with building materials.