[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] About committership

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Wed Feb 2 15:09:06 CET 2011

Hi,

let's not make this a terribly long thread, and therefore focus on
your core point only:

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 6:10 AM, Stefano Sabatini
<stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> wrote:
> And finally my proposal: to review the committership mechanism, I
> propose to restore the previous model, to give back commit rights to
> all the developers and enforce *via policy* some of the new rules, for
> example to require the approvation of non-controversial patches from
> at least another developer with expertise in the area. The queueing
> mechanism looks *good* and may be extended to all the developers.

What do you want to achieve by doing this?
- are we not committing your patches fast enough?
- do you feel like you lost control over your subsystem?
- do you feel like we bully you or veto your patches?
- something else?

Please keep this brief. Developers don't read long threads and they
turn into flame-/trollwars.

Ronald