[FFmpeg-devel] License violation

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Aug 16 12:24:21 CEST 2011

Xeebo <support <at> tubedigger.com> writes:

> Regarding sources - actually, I do not have them because I downloaded already
> compiled binary :) I can put sources on my page, but I do not know how to
> separate them from installer in case of not confusing users what to download.
> And who will need outdated sources of FFmpeg and its libraries when every
> developer knows where to download them?

If you don't like the rules of the (L)GPL (or if you believe they do not make
sense), why do you distribute FFmpeg binaries?

Allow me to repeat that I did NOT want to imply the two issues I immediately
found on your software (you cannot claim "are owned by Xeebosoft Ltd") are the
only issues!

Carl Eugen