[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-09-17#

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Mon Sep 27 22:42:44 CEST 2010

On 09/27/2010 12:48 PM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Friday 2010-09-24 14:52:37 -0700, Baptiste Coudurier
> encoded:
>> On 09/24/2010 02:26 PM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> [...]
>> Yes. I said: "Integration is svn more important than features IMHO.
>> Michael will want direct rendering in svn than frame copied
>> integrally like it was before, and Vitor commented about it. That's
>> why I changed it."
>>
>> You complain about your "picture in picture" feature which is way
>> less important than getting the filter in svn and overlaying a
>> logo at first.
>
> I need the overlay for testing lavfi sources.

Do you need the PiP feature ?

> Also there are people which are using libavfilter soc and breaking a
> previously working feature looks not nice. I wonder if it would be a
> good idea to intentionally break some feature in the soc repo (or
> simply keep it outdated) in order to foster some contributions, but
> I'm quite sure that even that won't help (people would rather keep
> their private hacks and updates rather than do the effort to
> contribute to the public).

Again: "stuff in soc svn is assumed to change without notice IMHO."

>>> I think that we all should try to be a little less picky and
>>> more collaborative, we're spending more time fighting each other
>>> than doing useful stuff.
>>
>> Then you should focus on what matters, not your "features", stuff
>> in soc svn is assumed to change without notice IMHO.
>
> [...]
>
> Anyway since the integration is the objective you should focus your
> work more on SVN integration than on soc filters. I already gave a
> stab at the overlay filter for main SVN integration, you can start
> from that, but there are still some problems related to timestamps
> which need to be addressed before.

The version that was in soc svn before the revert you did was IMHO in
good shape for svn. It had direct rendering (draw slice) and didn't copy
any picture, it had RGB24 support.

The one that you submitted if clearly not ok for svn.
I actually explained the status of the PiP feature in the overlay filter
to you in soc svn, and what needed to be done.

You basically ignored everything and didn't look at the code.

--
Baptiste COUDURIER