[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-09-17#

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Fri Sep 24 23:52:37 CEST 2010

On 09/24/2010 02:26 PM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Friday 2010-09-24 14:07:20 -0700, Baptiste Coudurier encoded:

>>> yadif is close to being commited
>>> hqdn3d should be easy, we need more manpower not more forks
>>
>> I ported them. I was pretty motivated back then.
>> Now I gave up because of Stefano's attitude regarding the overlay
>> filter. He knows why, I explained to him.
>
> ???
>
> Are you saying that you stopped to contribute to libavfilter because I
> asked you to revert a massive change to the soc repo overlay filter
> which was never reviewed and which was breaking critical features
> (which I explained I personally need to further develop libavfilter)?

Yes. I said:
"Integration is svn more important than features IMHO. Michael will want
direct rendering in svn than frame copied integrally like it was before,
and Vitor commented about it. That's why I changed it."

You complain about your "picture in picture" feature which is way less
important than getting the filter in svn and overlaying a logo at first.

> I think that we all should try to be a little less picky and more
> collaborative, we're spending more time fighting each other than doing
> useful stuff.

Then you should focus on what matters, not your "features", stuff in soc
svn is assumed to change without notice IMHO.

--
Baptiste COUDURIER