[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-09-17#

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Fri Sep 24 23:26:56 CEST 2010

On date Friday 2010-09-24 14:07:20 -0700, Baptiste Coudurier encoded:
> On 09/24/2010 01:35 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >>
> >>In addition to this, my feelings (as both a poor coder and a user) on
> >>why I didn't just use libavfilter in x264 are that:
> >
> >>  - it didn't have hqdn3d or yadif when I started (not even patches)
> >
> >yadif is close to being commited
> >hqdn3d should be easy, we need more manpower not more forks
>
> I ported them. I was pretty motivated back then.
> Now I gave up because of Stefano's attitude regarding the overlay
> filter. He knows why, I explained to him.

???

Are you saying that you stopped to contribute to libavfilter because I
asked you to revert a massive change to the soc repo overlay filter
which was never reviewed and which was breaking critical features
(which I explained I personally need to further develop libavfilter)?

I think that we all should try to be a little less picky and more
collaborative, we're spending more time fighting each other than doing
useful stuff.

> Note that I already use myself hqdn3d and yadif in my personal tree.
> It works great. I even started to add 4:2:2 input support to yadif.

Please spend some time documenting the yadif parameters, I'll address
the arch separation concerns soon myself.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Foolish & Fancy Magical Programmable Exxagerate Geisha