[FFmpeg-devel] skip multiple id3v2 headers

Vladimir Pantelic vladoman
Thu Sep 9 11:40:46 CEST 2010

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 03:16:30PM -0700, David Byron wrote:
>>  >  have you an actual example of a conflict?
>>
>>  I do.  The smallest unmodified file I have is around 4MB.  The two id3v2
>>  tags are together about 135k.  I got permission errors trying to create a
>
> could you explain what kind of conflict exists in there?
> Its easier for discussion as you alraedy know than if all interrested parties
> download the file and have to analyze it

well, the tags could have differing artist/album/title etc. field, which one
should ffmpeg chose? Or export both sets?

One "rule" could be to pick up as much from all tags, but favoring earlier tags
over later.