[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Sun Oct 3 15:49:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> due to the growing disagreements between root at mphq and me, i and at least one
> of the roots as well believe a vote about my position should be held.
> Every developer with svn write account as of 1. october 2010 is allowed to
> vote. The vote will end at 8. oct 0:01 UTC 2010.
>
> Please vote either
> A. I trust michael and wish him to continue to lead the ffmpeg project
> B. I distrust michael and wish him to step back

(It's indeed curious how you set up a vote about yourself.) Anyway, A
is fine with me, even with the option C present.

Now I wish we could all be grown-ups and get back to work, but that's
not going to be so easy, so... Can we please confirm some basic
guidelines based on what appears to be general consensus in this
thread? (I'm using http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/svn-howto.txt
(part II) as a guideline here, it probably needs some massaging to fit
FFmpeg.)