[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras
Sun Oct 3 14:47:15 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm going to stop, but I want to answer some points that I think
should not be left unanswered.

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 5:39 AM, Baptiste Coudurier
<baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/2/10 6:46 PM, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> this has nothing to do with my original point, but I answered you
>> anyway, I probably shouldn't have.
>
> It has everything to do with your original point.
> You refuse to understand how and why the kernel can sustain the strict
> rules. I'm trying to explain to you, but this is getting hopeless.

I already explained why the differences are not relevant, but you are
not willing to listen. How about buildroot? You are probably going to
find another excuse to ditch their policy. So if you are not going to
allow comparisons with other projects, and you are not willing to try
new things, then you are just going to keep thinking the way you are
thinking, and that's that.
http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2010-September/thread.html

> You want to remove these commits because showing the mistakes makes it
> non-perfect.

You clearly didn't follow my analogy at all.

>> What would be interesting to see is how you propose to solve the
>> issue you have at hand. You do agree that the fact that one of your
>> most prolific and competent developers leaving the project is an
>> issue, and that he is clearly not happy with the double standards you
>> seem to like. Right?
>
> It is a huge issue and I'm very sad.
> I already mentioned that sending patches for API changes should be
> mandatory. I even proposed that a substantial group of people should
> validate the change before it's applied. You missed that it seems.

Good, so we agree that maintainers should send more patches for
review. The only difference is that I think the bar should be even
higher, but I guess that's not relevant... what is relevant is whether
Mans thinks the bar is high enough, and Michael is reaching it.

--
Felipe Contreras