[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev
Sat Oct 2 22:13:18 CEST 2010

On 10/2/10, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi
>
> due to the growing disagreements between root at mphq and me, i and at least
> one
> of the roots as well believe a vote about my position should be held.
> Every developer with svn write account as of 1. october 2010 is allowed to
> vote. The vote will end at 8. oct 0:01 UTC 2010.
>
> Please vote either
> A. I trust michael and wish him to continue to lead the ffmpeg project
> B. I distrust michael and wish him to step back

If I'm still considered developer, then I
Vote A.

Michael.
For quite some time I've been busy with other things and I do not
follow all of the development of FFmpeg. Still the bites I see are
fitting same old pattern.

Consider that Mans is the FFmpeg's Uoti.

He is skilled, but his ego is bigger. He also never admits been wrong
and dismisses everything that doesn't fit his view.
Even if he is the most skilled person in the project, you would still
be better without him.

Also I'm sure his leaving is just an act, trying to paint you as the
evil one and gain sympathy from everybody else. I'm sure he will be
back in a week.

To everybody else.
If you have issue with the way Michael is handling things, complain on
the spot with a friendly tone. Do not let issues accumulate.
One mail with just "Michael, I think you should have posted this on
the maillist first" or "Michael, I don't remember discussing this"
should be enough.

Also, I thought that new FATE could test patches before they are committed.
Even if it doesn't do that, it would be good idea to have a stable
branch that contains the last svn without (new) breakage.