[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Sat Oct 2 18:32:42 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 01:07:21AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> due to the growing disagreements between root at mphq and me, i and at least one
> of the roots as well believe a vote about my position should be held.
> Every developer with svn write account as of 1. october 2010 is allowed to
> vote. The vote will end at 8. oct 0:01 UTC 2010.
>
> Please vote either
> A. I trust michael and wish him to continue to lead the ffmpeg project
> B. I distrust michael and wish him to step back

A.

But this flame is showing that what you consider as a trivial,
non-controversial commit may be seen quite differently by other
contributors.
So it would be apperciated if you coult try to raise your own standard
about what is trivial/non-controversial, and thus, send more patches
here before committing. Especially anything touching public API or
adding a new source file probably deserve some review.
And even if the patch you send here ends up not reviewed at all after a
few days, you will at least know that committing won't generate a long
and destructive flameware. I think it is important from a leader to try
to keep some kind of peace in the group, and to avoid people to leave.

Aurel