[FFmpeg-devel] Goodbye

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Sat Oct 2 18:52:10 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 02:21:49AM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Over the last few days, it has become clear to me that FFmpeg is no
> more a place where I am welcome.  This project has been a large part
> of my life for many years, and it is with deep regret that I now must
> bid it farewell, but without even a single person speaking up in my
> defence, I no longer feel wanted.

I think I can understand the feeling you have, but I'm pretty sure
nobody want to see you out of the project.
You are doing an invaluable work on FFmpeg. The fact that we don't say
it daily and explicitly don't mean that we don't recognize and
appreciate your work.
I sometimes think you tend to shoot a bit fast and strong, but overall,
I like your abrasive tone and this mailing lists would loose part of its
soul without you.
I really wish you will reconsider, and stay with us for a lot more of
fun and a few more inevitable flamewares.

Aurel