[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Rob robert.swain
Sat Oct 2 17:28:35 CEST 2010

On 2 October 2010 16:08, Jason Garrett-Glaser <darkshikari at gmail.com> wrote:
> And to repeat, I absolutely agree that any level of required code
> review should be applied to my own commits. ?I am worried whenever I
> commit code without others looking at it; I have done such review so
> long in x264 that whenever I work for a company that has no review, I
> feel incredibly uncomfortable.

This is something I feel too when coding. Often I'm busy thinking
about solving the problem rather than about every corner case of the
code I'm writing. Plus I lack experience and knowledge in various
areas and appreciate the input from others on those parts in
particular. Not to mention that when working on something, it's often
easier for fresh eyes to see issues than for those that have been
swimming in the code for a while. In my humble opinion, peer review is
a must. I expect people may argue that the level of triviality varies
with the skill and experience of the developer, but in that case
review by peers would likely be quick.

Regards,
Rob