[FFmpeg-devel] Important: upcoming CELT bitstream freeze!

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Thu Nov 18 03:03:16 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 12:10 AM, Jason Garrett-Glaser <jason at x264.com> wrote:
>> ffmpeg will some day end up implementing a decoder for CELT.
>
> This is somewhat awkward, but have the CELT devs (does that include
> you?)

No, but my company uses CELT, so I try to be vaguely involved.

> considered writing this decoder (and an encoder/encoder wrapper)
> themselves?

Write a second one?  They already wrote one!  Of course I imagine
they'd be happy to help write wrappers, that's dead-simple.  I was
assuming ffmpeg wanted to do an independent implementation at some
point ;)

Jason