[FFmpeg-devel] ffserver global header bug

Howard Chu hyc
Sun May 16 23:15:37 CEST 2010

With this ffserver config, I always got this error
    AAC with no global headers is currently not supported.
whenever an rtsp client tried to play the stream. This despite explicitly
configuring global headers...

####
<Feed feed1.ffm>
File /tmp/feed1.ffm
FileMaxSize 2000M
</Feed>

<Stream test.3gp>
Format rtp
Feed feed1.ffm
AudioCodec aac
AudioChannels 2
AVOptionAudio flags +global_header
</Stream>
####

It turns out that the stream info is being stored without giving the codecs a
chance to initialize themselves, so the global header info never got created.
The attached patch initialized the codecs, and makes this error go away.

Unfortunately I still haven't had any success actually playing the stream. It
seems that ffserver isn't sending any RTP packets at all.

--
   -- Howard Chu