[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 0.6 status update

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Fri May 7 00:31:02 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 6:24 PM, Reinhard Tartler <siretart at tauware.de> wrote:
> Ok, we now start the "freeze" week. This means that everyone has the
> option to nominate any patch committed to trunk for backporting to
> 0.6. Diego and I will consider and (if it makes sense) include it. This

There are currently two issues with win64. One is that swscale doesn't
build because of long being misused as register width (I'll fix that
on trunk probably over the weekend), and the other is
https://roundup.ffmpeg.org/issue1889

Even if we fix the compilation of swscale, silent and hard to track
bugs will still exist because of the xmm clobbering issue. So I
suggest we specifically disable win64 builds in configure for the 0.6
release (and print a warning explaining why), and possibly backport
the changes after they get fixed on trunk for 0.6.x.

Ramiro Polla