[FFmpeg-devel] [CHECKLIST] what is preventing us from switch to git

Loren Merritt lorenm
Sun Jun 13 09:20:56 CEST 2010

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 03:40:27AM +0000, Loren Merritt wrote:
>>
>> x264 gets by, not by tolerating broken commits, not by always
>> getting them right the first time, but by allowing the occasional
>> rebase of origin/master even if that breaks someone's checkout.
>
> I guess the checkouts can be fixed with not too much effort though?

A clean checkout can be reconciled with `git reset --hard origin/master`.
If you have local commits, `git cherry-pick` them.

> Also, how are those rebases verified? E.g. how does one figure out what
> exactly changed, e.g. no critical commit got lost or so?

`git diff` can compare any two points in the repository, including the
HEADs before and after rebase.

--Loren Merritt