[FFmpeg-devel] [CHECKLIST] what is preventing us from switch to git

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Jun 13 07:45:47 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 03:40:27AM +0000, Loren Merritt wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010, Alex Converse wrote:

> >>I vehemently object to that ludicrous idea.
> >
> >I agree with Mans. VLC, x264, gnome, git itself, and the linux kernel
> >all seem to get by without doing this.
>
> x264 gets by, not by tolerating broken commits, not by always
> getting them right the first time, but by allowing the occasional
> rebase of origin/master even if that breaks someone's checkout.

I guess the checkouts can be fixed with not too much effort though?
Also, how are those rebases verified? E.g. how does one figure out what
exactly changed, e.g. no critical commit got lost or so?