[FFmpeg-devel] VP8 profiling status

David Conrad lessen42
Wed Jul 21 11:31:58 CEST 2010

On Jul 20, 2010, at 8:06 PM, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
>> time ./ffmpeg_g -i Elephants_Dream-360p-Stereo.webm -f md5 -an -vcodec
>> rawvideo -

You should use -f null for benchmarking. And add -vsync 0 for webm since it's likely that there will be double the number of output frames (this only really matters outside of -f null though.)

With higher cache-unfriendly resolutions it should be more, e.g. with sintel_trailer_1080p_vp8_vorbis.webm on my Penryn (x86-64):

Us:
real	0m18.670s
user	0m18.359s
sys	0m0.116s