[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Make swscale-test perform only one convertion

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Tue Jul 20 00:47:51 CEST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 1:31 AM, Ramiro Polla <ramiro.polla at gmail.com> wrote:
> Things now crash at:
> rgb565le 96x96 -> abgr ? 96x ?96 flags= 1 SSD= ? 11, ? ?3, ? ?4, ? ?0

And now things crash on:
rgb24 96x96 -> argb   96x  96 flags= 2

A workaround hack is to allocate more memory for the pictures as in
attached patch, but that doesn't fix the issue of writing beyond the
slice.

I'm sorry to have caused delay on the original patch for lack of
testing on Windows. I think it's a good idea to separate the tests so
that they may be run in parallel make and also bug reports may be
reproduced more quickly (but your patch doesn't take care of parallel
make). I now have more time to test the patch on Windows (but I think
you can also test MinGW now too).

I also think we should get back to thinking on how to implement
swscale regression tests in a way that does take many megabytes like
the output from swscale-test. It might make more sense to have one ref
file for each input file instead of each input/output pair (otherwise
we'd need to have 1764 ref files).

Ramiro Polla