[FFmpeg-devel] Integrating the mod engine into FFmpeg - what is the best design approach?

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Sat Jul 17 16:57:25 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 1:04 AM, Peter Ross <pross at xvid.org> wrote:
> Also, codecs can support multiple different sample formats. A solution might
> entail the Protrack II decoder outputing both SAMPLE_FMT_S32
> and SAMPLE_FMT_SEQUENCE formats.

I think we're overstating relevance of this. No consumer-level
soundcard plays any of this stuff anyway, we eventually always
downgrade to int16 (same is true for float). The idea is that the
audioconvert API does this for us, and that the sequencer (seq -> pcm)
is "hidden" from unsuspecting apps through this API.

Ronald