[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] improving shame list

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Oct 25 20:51:37 CET 2009

Hi

When looking at our shame.html i was wondering if the list is not a little
too flat.
I mean it lists who violate our license with links to details but this makes
it quite hard for a causual visitor to see who is violating fineprint and
who is violating the spirit of the license, thus

I propose to change the list to a table that contains the following entries
1. name of product
2. name of company
3. link to issue tracker (the link should be the number of the issue)
4. severity of initial violation
   (red     for no source or pretending that its all their product
    orange  for reverse engeneering forbidding, ?
    yellow  for ?
   )
5. severity of current violation (like 4)
6. date of initial contact due to license violation
7. date of last confirmation of license violation

I volunteer to write & post a patch that does change the list to such a table
but i dont volunteer to fill in things that arent in the current list.
Ill write&post that patch if there are no objections ...

In fact, the RIAA has been known to suggest that students drop out
of college or go to community college in order to be able to afford
settlements. -- The RIAA