[FFmpeg-devel] [bug/patch] MPEG-TS muxer: PCR not in sync withPTS/DTS

Niobos niobos
Thu Oct 1 14:11:29 CEST 2009

On 17 Sep 2009, at 08:48, Niobos wrote:
> On 09 Sep 2009, at 14:01, Niobos wrote:
>> You are correct, although it hardly matters: 70bps with the current
>> PCR_RETRANS_TIME.
>> Adapted patch (against r19796) in attachment
>> <ffmpeg-mpegts-vbr-3.diff>
>
> This thread has been silent for over a week now.
>
> What is the status of this patch? Is there anything more I need to
> do to get this included?

I reviewed this patch since I needed some additional features:
* Bugfix: In VBR mode, the SI-table period was calculated on the
muxrate after it had been multiplied by 10. The resulting rates were
10x to slow.
* Extra feature: Specifying a negative muxrate on the commandline
overwrites the calculated muxrate, but still activates VBR.
* I added an additional patch which includes some additional info/
clarification and does not cause any changes in the compiled code.

This extra feature is needed to produce a VBR MPEG-TS by
remultiplexing a source ("-{a,v}codec copy"), since the bitrates can't
be learned from the stearm.

Attached patches are against r20080.