[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] simplify interplayvideo.c

Mike Melanson mike
Sat Mar 28 18:00:31 CET 2009

Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 06:06:01PM -0800, Mike Melanson wrote:
>> Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
>>> Fixed. You can use this commandline for FATE (possibly adding bitexact,
>>> just in case):
>>> ffmpeg -i baldursgate-logo.mve -pix_fmt bgr24 -f framecrc -
>>> Note that you can not use framecrc directly, since the pal8 format
>>> includes a palette which is stored in machine-endian format, thus you
>>> have to convert it.
>> Yes, that's necessarily how FATE has to structure its tests for PAL8
>> decoders.
>>
>> Success! Thanks for finding that. I will get a FATE test staged soon.
>
> Any news? The decoder is in a pitiful state, and people already seem
> interested in implementing the 16-bit decoding which should be much
> easier if the existing code wasn't so pointlessly complex...

How do you suggest simplifying the code? I have never found that the
ipmve video decoder was very complicated, just tedious (16 different
coding modes).

I have verified and activated the 8-bit regression test.

--
     -Mike Melanson