[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] simplify interplayvideo.c

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Mar 28 14:09:02 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 06:06:01PM -0800, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> >> Can you repro the bug on PPC64?
> >
> > Fixed. You can use this commandline for FATE (possibly adding bitexact,
> > just in case):
> > ffmpeg -i baldursgate-logo.mve -pix_fmt bgr24 -f framecrc -
> > Note that you can not use framecrc directly, since the pal8 format
> > includes a palette which is stored in machine-endian format, thus you
> > have to convert it.
>
> Yes, that's necessarily how FATE has to structure its tests for PAL8
> decoders.
>
> Success! Thanks for finding that. I will get a FATE test staged soon.

Any news? The decoder is in a pitiful state, and people already seem
interested in implementing the 16-bit decoding which should be much
easier if the existing code wasn't so pointlessly complex...