[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] the future of libamr

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Sun Jun 7 21:10:57 CEST 2009

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 11:34:47AM -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>> "Yes, thanks. Well I'm not sure we should remove a feature :/"
>>
>> I can't see how you interpret this as being ok with the removal of
>> libamr, so to be clear: I'm against this removal.
>
> Sorry, but I don't see how you can put the words "I'm not sure" in a
> sentence and expect others to read a clear statement out of it.

Exactly, I did not except you to assume any clear statement, however you
seem to have assumed that I was ok or at least not against.

> To me it looked as though you were undecided.

Exactly, and now I'm decided, I'm against removal of libamr.

> Have you read through the discussion in the meantime?  Do you think the
> tradeoff between the benefits and drawbacks of removing libamr support
> is bad?  Why?

I'm not for feature regressions. Also it might be useful in the future
for people actually implementing amb-wb encoding, the same way we still
have libfaad wrapper.