[FFmpeg-devel] Does any one have some material on on2 VP7 or VP8?

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Sat Jun 6 20:44:23 CEST 2009

> Why? On2 site features a nice demo on how VP8 performs (and makes
> x264-encoded source look more like a bad h.263 encoder instead).
> Fortunately, it's not completed and released yet.

Yes, there's a demo--but it doesn't actually exist until there is a
real product with a real encoder and a real decoder.

I'm curious how you would intend to reverse-engineer a format without
having any samples of it or any software that decodes it ;)

Dark Shikari