[FFmpeg-devel] Fw: [foms] Paper submissions to LCA

Frank Barchard fbarchard
Wed Jul 15 20:34:44 CEST 2009

I don't feel qualified to speak for ffmpeg, but 2 potential topics
would be Chrome, and subtitles:

1. The Chrome topic, because Chrome/Chromium use ffmpeg to implement
html5 video tag.  We could talk about whats great, and not so great,
about using ffmpeg, which would hopefully lead to improvements.

2. I've been talking to Silvia and others about subtitles.  We'd hoped
to get it into html5 spec, but the state of technology is not ready.
There is some support for ttxt in quicktime.  The ogg folks are
pushing for Kate.  When the content is in the video, the format
matters less - whats important is a consistent API for accessing it.
That points to html5 spec, so browsers and web authors have a
consistent way to select the content and ffmpeg support for
manipulating content.

FOMS workshop is in New Zealand eh.  It would be fun to attend, but
its kinda far.
http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2010/pmwiki.php