[FFmpeg-devel] Fw: [foms] Paper submissions to LCA

Peter Ross pross
Wed Jul 15 15:03:44 CEST 2009

Hi,

The Linux.Conf.Au 2010 call for papers closes next week. Silvia Pfeiffer
(who heads the FOMS workshops) has suggested a technical paper on FFmpeg
would be well received. I tend to agree.

So, anyone else interested in co-authing a paper? There are a slew of topics
to choose from. Details below.

-- Peter
(A907 E02F A6E5 0CD2 34CD 20D2 6760 79C5 AC40 DD6B)

----- Forwarded message from Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> -----

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com>
To: Foundations of Open Media Software <foms at lists.annodex.net>
Subject: [foms] Paper submissions to LCA

Hi all,

The call for papers (talks and tutorials) for Linux.conf.au will close
on the 24th July, which is only 10 days away.

The call for miniconfs even closes this weekend, 17th July.

http://www.lca2010.org.nz/

Linux.conf.au is on in the week before FOMS
(http://www.foms-workshop.org/) at the same location!

There aren't any audio or video related talk proposals yet, so go and
submit your latest hacks in multimedia as a paper proposal.

Also, we are rather keen to have a tutorial on html5 audio/video. I am
rather keen to be part of this tutorial submission, so if somebody is
interested in proposing such a tutorial, I'd be more than happy to
join in. Tutorials should be hands-on, so it would require at minimum
going through the whole production process of a Website with html5
video using Ogg Theora/Vorbis, how to encode, edit it, making it work
on different browsers, producing subtitles, skinning the player - all
this kind of stuff. Contact me if you want to help put such a tutorial
together.

Go do your submission! And remember: it is possible to get a travel
sponsorship from LCA, but if you are asking for one, it may make it
less likely to get accepted to the conference because there is only a
limited amount of travel funding available.

Cheers,
Silvia.